- No waiting in line
- Renew at home
- Avoid the drive to a license office
- When you renew online you will now receive
Enhanced Security Tabs (Theft-Resistant).
- Convenient payment options
You may be eligible to renew online if:
- You have a PIN (personal identification number) printed on your license plate renewal notice.
- Your county collector’s office has transmitted property tax payment information to the Department for the vehicle, trailer, or ATV you are renewing. You can check here for a list of the participating counties. It may take some time before the county transmits your payment information to the Department. Until we receive the property tax payment information and it posts to our system, you may be unable to renew online. The department will continue to work with nonparticipating counties to electronically obtain their property tax information. Contact your county assessor or collector to help encourage participation.
- You have a paid personal property tax receipt that lists the vehicle you are renewing.
- Your registration is not yet expired, or is expired less than 30 days.
- You use E-Check, a debit card, or major credit card. A convenience fee will be added to your transaction.
- For a small convenience fee (Only .60 cents for E-Check transactions and $1.00 for credit/debit card transactions that are $33.00 and under), you can renew your license plates quickly online and avoid driving to a license office and waiting in line.
Note: If you do not receive your new registration plates or tabs before your current registration expires, you can use a temporary vehicle registration receipt as proof of registration. This receipt is valid for up to 30 days or upon receipt of your plates or tabs in the mail. Simply print the registration receipt at the end of your online transaction and carry it in your vehicle at all times.